Submission & Guidelines
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
Abstracts must be submitted via the online submission form. Faxed or emailed abstracts will not be considered. Please read the submission rules before submitting an abstract.
All abstracts must be submitted by 6 September 2021. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
Abstracts are to be submitted in English. Each abstract should not exceed 300 words, excluding the title and author names and affiliations.
Use the following structure for your abstract:
For case reports/series use the format:
• Short case
A small number of accepted abstracts will be selected for oral presentation in the program. You may choose your preferred presentation format i.e. oral or poster. Note however that the meeting organisers will decide on the final format based on the quality of the abstract, content, programme theme and available space.
• Oral presentation (10 minutes including Questions & Answers)
• Poster presentation. Presenters will be requested to upload an ePoster. (ePoster specifications will be communicated to the presenters).
All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee. Presenting authors will be notified of the outcome of their submission by early September.
Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered and paid participants.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Before you submit your abstract, please prepare the following information:
• Presenting author’s contact details (should be the same details as the submitting author so that the presenting author receives the correspondence about the abstract):
• Full first and family name(s)
• Email address
• Affiliation details: department, institution/hospital, city, country
• Author and co-authors’ details
• Selection of preferred Topic & Sub-topic – select the abstract sub-topic as per the list of topics.
• Abstract title – limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
• Abstract text – limited to 300 words, excluding the title and author names and affiliations. We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words.
• Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appears the first time.
• Use generic names of drugs. The presentation must be balanced and contain no commercial promotional content.
• Submissions may not contain patient names, hospital ID numbers or other identifying information.
• The submission form allows you to store your abstract as a DRAFT until the deadline. After the deadline, if not submitted, drafts will be deleted.
• Click on the FINISH SUBMISSION button at the end of the process in order to submit your abstract.
• You will receive an abstract ID number via email after you have submitted your abstract. Please refer to this abstract number (#) in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
• Please contact us if you have not received confirmation that your abstract has been submitted.
• Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
ABSTRACT SUBMITTERS’ DECLARATION
During abstract submission you will be asked to confirm that you agree to the following:
• I confirm that I previewed this abstract, and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission, and I am aware that it will be published as submitted.
• Submission of the abstract constitutes the consent of all authors to publication (e.g. Conference website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
• The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that no part of the information and content provided by him/her (Hereafter: the “Content“) to WACP AGSM 2021 and Kenes International (Hereafter: the “Organisers“), nor the publication of any such Content by the Organisers, on the internet or otherwise infringes any third-party rights, including but not limited to privacy rights and/or intellectual property rights.
• The Abstract Submitter grants the Organisers a copyright license to reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the text of the Content on a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive basis.
• I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the presenting author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract. The submitting author may request to be copied on abstract correspondence.
• I understand that the presenting author must be a registered participant.
• The Organizers reserve the right to remove from publication and/or presentation an abstract which does not comply with the above.
• I understand that I must select a specific Theme, Topic and/or Sub-Topic for my abstract allocation. Although the Committee will work hard to honor this selection, this cannot be guaranteed. The Committee reserves the right to change the Theme, Topic or Sub-Topic under which the abstract was originally submitted.
ABSTRACT SELECTION AND PRESENTATION
All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee.
Presenting authors will be notified via e-mail regarding the status of their abstracts.
For further information regarding the abstract submission please contact firstname.lastname@example.org